Updates on my books.

Hello my ducks,

Just checking in with my kind-of-bi-weekly/monthly-whenever-I-honestly-have-a-moment update.

The books are here and boy do they look swell! No seriously they look awesome. You guys want to see? Of course you do. 😉

visit the kickstarter update to have a look here:

 So totally cool right? So you might be asking yourself, “Patrick, why haven’t you mailed those books yet? You’ve had them for weeks now!” What a good question mystery-duck. The answer is quite simple really, I still have more to do.

I don’t want to send out any prizes until I know everything but the hardcover copies can be sent out together. I have finished tallying, organizing and laying out the bookmarks and have begun the process of printing and laminating them. Once those are done and the ebook is finally settled (more on that in a second) I’ll begin shipping. Again I’m sorry my initial time estimates were so off everyone, but how was I supposed to know how long it would take to publish a book? I’ve never done it before. But don’t worry everything will be on its way in due time.

Now, about those ebooks. I’ve got most of the glitches figured out (I finally figured out how to anchor the images into the text so they don’t end up in random spots) but there are still a few problems. The first is inserting the Table of Contents and having all the hyperlinks actually work. But thats really only a problem for the Apple and Kindle copies, Nook is cool and makes contents for you anyways. There’s also the issue with missing or changed fonts on export. They show up fine on my computer but when I upload them to Nook they all change on me. Finally the ebook publisher I’ve been using has major issues with my epub file, and I’d really rather not transfer everything back to Microsoft word. 

Oh and if anyone knows how to upload a .MOBI to the Kindle app I’d greatly appreciate the help. Amazon what are you doing with your book app? Get your shit together. haha. Anyways I hope i can figure it out.

Oh, and speaking of the hardcover copies I figured you should know their status too. I don’t know if I mentioned my decision to switch to stab binding instead of the more traditional coptic stitching for the books, but I’ve decided to go with a stab binding for greater simplicity and ease of construction. Plus now I can make great use of cool colored threads and intricate stitches. The problem lies not in the stitching or binding, but in finding a way to print the signatures without a cover in a large enough quantity to use. I’m currently looking into more local printing options.

But overall we’re making some good progress on everything. You should all see packages in your mailboxes very soon.

Till next time my ducks!

~Patrick

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s